You can take notes while you are working on the lessons and topics. Look at the top right corner of your screen when you scroll down and you will see a Take Notes button. You can print your notes or download it into Microsoft Word.
To get the most our of the program, it would be easiest to watch all the videos in sequence. However, there are certain modules that you have to watch in sequence, but there are ones that you can skip or jump around depending on your interest. But no matter how you work through the course, you always have to start with Lesson 1 and 2 because they explain the Innovation Genome, which is the fundamental innovation framework.
The following sets of videos have to be watched in sequence:
- Innovation Genome Principles
- Lesson 1 – Practice Prismatic Thinking
- Lesson 2 – How to Think About Growth
- Creativize Process
- Lesson 4 – Set High Quality Targets
- Lesson 5 – Enlist Deep and Diverse Domain Expert
- Lesson 6 – Take Multiple Shots on Goal
- Lesson 7 – Learn from Experience and Experiments
- Innovation Processes
- Lesson 11 – Innovation Processes
- Lesson 12 – Evaluating and Measuring Innovation
Roles in Organization
The lessons hold varying degrees of importance to you depending on your role in your organization. Use the following list as a guideline:
- If you lead and conduct innovation projects and teams:
- Watch all lessons in sequence
- If you manage or direct a business unit:
- Focus on Lesson 1, 2, 13, and 14
- If you are a team member:
- Concentrate on Lesson 1 and 2
- Learn the Creativize Process: Lessons 4 to 7
Working through the Lessons
You can watch the lessons when you are on the go in your mobile devices or during a dedicated time in your office or home. Don’t watch more than one video at a time. Take breaks if you need to.
If you can, have your workbook at hand and follow along. Jot down your notes. Stop at the appropriate places in the workbook and do the exercises.
As you work through the lessons, look for the Learning Objectives section in each lesson and make sure you understand the concepts.